A little bit about medesign that inspires happiness
I have always loved beautiful, holistic design that inspires happiness.
Each and every day I find it simply by stepping outside. A single flower stem blowing gently in the breeze, the delicate, papery butterfly as it dances gracefully by, and the sheer magic of light as it plays harmoniously to form a stunning rainbow following a spring shower. Nature in all its wonder never fails to uplift my spirits and give me a sense of peace and happiness in this world.
With a background in interior design spanning (do I dare to admit it) well over 30 years, I resonate towards simplistic, uncluttered and minimalistic design with a touch of whimsical fun. I feel less is definitely more – a single heart, a minimal, but happy colour palette or just a few beautiful words can express so much.
SUSTAINABLE GIFT-GIVING THAT WON’T COST THE EARTH
We can all get caught up with busy lifestyles and quite often forget the little things that bring us (and others) joy. A text notification or email can never replace the excitement of receiving a thoughtful card or bespoke gift from someone special.
Paper Daisies by j’adorne is a small business based in Sydney, Australia, dedicated to ‘sending smiles’. You will pleasantly discover a unique range of whimsical greeting cards and quality and bespoke gift giving solutions for both the young and the young at heart that won’t cost the earth.
I love to help bring people together – family, friends and loved-ones.
For those special moments, big or small, I have you covered with my earth-friendly range of greeting cards, wrapping paper and tags, notebooks, wall art and gift ideas that inspire connections, show how much we care for one another and help celebrate life’s wonderful milestones; using colourful and fun designs inspired by the magnificent world around us.
I’m dedicated to sustainable gift-giving by using 100% recycled card stock, eco-friendly vegetable inks and packaging. My range of paper products is the perfect example of how we can all find ways to make sustainable choices today and every day without compromising choice, design or quality.
Founded on a love of nature that is reflected in many of my designs, Paper Daisies by j’adorne treads lightly on our planet while giving back to restore the fragile world we love. My goal is to inspire people to connect with each other, care for one another and celebrate the moments that matter most whilst contributing to a brighter future for wildlife, trees and our greater home – together.
I’m passionate about the protection of our fragile flora and fauna. I proudly support like-minded not-for-profit organisations such as One Tree Planted, WIRES and the World Wildlife Fund who are dedicated to the revegetation and protection of valuable, and often threatened, bushland habitats in this wonderfully unique country I have the privilege to enjoy – and all around the world. Each time you order a greeting card, wrapping paper, a print or gift from my extensive range of fun designs, you will be helping to contribute towards a happier and healthier world by supporting these incredible organisations.
TREADING LIGHTLY BUT MAKING A BIG IMPACT
Paper Daisies by j’adorne inspires connection, care and celebration while contributing towards a happier and healthier world for future generations.
- My collection is designed and created in my Sydney-based studio using local suppliers, thus reducing transportation emissions and minimising my carbon footprint
- I only use 100% post-consumer waste for my range of paper products, made by environmentally certified mills
- Most of my range is printed to order in-house using eco-friendly vegetable-based inks while some items are produced by an eco-conscious, sustainable small printing company nearby.
- All products are protected using recycled or biodegradable packaging
- All orders are sent from the post-box located only metres from my studio – you help me to get my (and my dog, Shadow’s) daily steps in every day
- I’m a carbon-neutral business and proud of that achievement
- I have a strict ethical sourcing policy and prefer to work with other small businesses who provide acceptable working conditions for their staff
- Everything is made to order (never mass-produced), eliminating the need for costly warehousing and logistics
- I’m 100% focused on providing high-quality, sustainable products
- My aim is for zero waste and recycle or compost everything I can
- I donate profits each month to organisations dedicated to the caring for wildlife, habitat and communities in need. I also support various charities close to my heart.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF COUNTRY
I acknowledge the Wangal clan, the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land in which I live, work and have the privilege to enjoy, who have cared and nurtured this beautiful area for thousands of years. With the upmost respect, I recognise their continued connections to the land and wildlife, and their sovereignty which has never been ceded. It always was and will always be Aboriginal land and I pay my respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.
Fun, Colourful & Uplifting
An enchanted collection of whimsical designs inspired by the colour and natural beauty of the world around us. Simplistic and minimalistic in style, portraying joy, love and positivity. Many designs can be personalised to make your card or gift extra-special. Celebrating life’s precious moments, the holiday season, special milestones and more.
I embrace a more conscious approach by offering a product that is handcrafted and made-to-order by me in my Sydney-based studio (not mass produced in a factory). Sourcing materials and supplies from local small businesses is my way of creating a genuinely positive impact – on both people and the planet.
All of my paper products are printed on high-quality 100% recycled FSC-certified card, sourced locally and made carbon neutral. I use recycled cardboard mailers and boxes, paper tapes and cello packaging made from a mixture of corn waste and biodegradable polymers which can be completely composted in only a few months.